Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

One of my tabs won't append to my excel output

CherieACI
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I have a workflow that has 3 outputs that I want to all be in the same excel doc on separate tabs. I thought it was working before but now it's not. Here is part of my workflow:

CherieACI_0-1629238747630.png

The top 2 outputs flow into the same excel doc on separate tabs but the 3rd one will not. Here are the settings in the output. The file I am writing to is the same for all 3 but each with a different tab name 1st: (C:\Users\williamsonc\Desktop\Alteryx Workflows\AR Collection\Output\AR Cash Collected v3.xlsx|||Totals by Collector) 2nd: (C:\Users\williamsonc\Desktop\Alteryx Workflows\AR Collection\Output\AR Cash Collected v3.xlsx|||Totals by Date) 3rd: (C:\Users\williamsonc\Desktop\Alteryx Workflows\AR Collection\Output\AR Cash Collected v3.xlsx|||By Quarter). The first and the third output data configurations look like this:

1st/3rd:

CherieACI_1-1629238849869.png

2nd:

CherieACI_2-1629239194400.png

Why will 2 of them make it and not the 3rd? As always, thank you in advance Community!

12 REPLIES 12
MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@CherieACI  - Try and add the Stop Until here. I tested it and it works.  

Couple things I noticed too. In the configuration for the Writing to the Excel file you have "Overwrite File" Change that to Overwrite Sheet

MatthewBr_0-1629748374746.png

MatthewBr_1-1629748390046.png

CherieACI
8 - Asteroid

Adding the block until done and changing the configuration to "overwrite sheet" fixed it! Thanks so much! 

Cliff_Enquist
5 - Atom

Moving the Block Until Done to earlier in the flow was the key to making this work.

Also:

1. Change the Excel filename / Sheet Name in the Output Data tool to same filename ||| unique sheet names:  Result.xlsx|||Sheet1, Result.xlsx|||Sheet2, Result.xlsx|||Sheet3

2. Use a formula tool in each workflow to build a unique report name variable for each flow.

3. First Excel Output Tool: Output Options: Overwrite Filename (Remove), then Change Entire File Path to report name ||| unique sheet.

4. Subsequent sheets: Output Options: Create New Sheet, then Change Entire File Path to report name ||| unique sheet.

Labels