Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

One email to multiple recipients

Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I could not find the solution in current topics to my issue, so can I ask for advice how to send one mail to multiple recipients.

In this sense I mean one mail which would have recipients in "To" field in t he following way:

To: 1@op.com; 2@op.com;3@op.com

so one mail to all three users, so each of recipients can see others.

Many thanks for your help.

Andrzej

13 REPLIES 13
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hi  @Emil_KOS

Using formula tool I inserted two mails addresses separated by comma which would fill in  "To" field in email Tool, however I get an error:

"Record#1: Failure when receiving data from the peer (Tool Id: 26)"

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Andrzej_E 

Use a semicolon to separate the emails: email1@address.com;email2@address.com

Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I just tried and still I get this error.

I attach sample image what I fill in in "To" field

1.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Andrzej_E 

Based on the screenshot it looks like you're expecting these emails to be static. If so just populate the 'To' field directly in the email tool, I've seen issues when trying to insert other values directly from a formula tool, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for the 'to' field.

For example the email tool errors if there is an '&' in text being placed in the body from a formula tool, but works fine if it comes from a report text tool. 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I agree with some of the other posts - a@gmail.com; b@gmail.com works in many of our live workflows.

It may be that the problem you're having is with the e-mail system not with Alteryx - you can test this against GMail relatively easily if you set up an application-password for GMail and use the GMail SMTP service.

Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Thank you very much for your replies.

This is a dynamic list, which changes every time, we use AWS, so I assume I would have to changes settings in there to get this solution working.

Best,

Andrzej

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Are your recipients in a list (one email per row)? If so, you can use the Summarize and concatenate to dynamically compile the list. I used "; " as the separator.

From there, you'd just need an email tool with the "To" pulling from the field created.

Also, I suggest making sure the email addresses you're sending to are valid. It will not send if there is an invalid address in the mix.

echuong1_0-1615477917126.png

echuong1_1-1615477939524.png

echuong1_2-1615477963598.png

echuong1_0-1615478162998.png

Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Thank you very much for detailed explanation and workflow I have the same approach.

1.jpg

Therefore my conclusion that such solution is possible, however some server settings can be an obstacle like encryption etc.?

Many thanks for your help!

Labels