Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

One Text Box Tool Multiple Filters

paddis
6 - Meteoroid

One Text Box multiple Filters in an AppOne Text Box multiple Filters in an AppBrowse Tool hooked up to the Visual Layout tool in the WorkflowBrowse Tool hooked up to the Visual Layout tool in the WorkflowExcel output from the AppExcel output from the App

I would like to use one single text box tool to update multiple filters in my app. My query is looking for data from a few different inputs but they have one element in common, a Ticket Number. I would like to have the user enter a Ticket Number in the Text Box Tool and have that value update all the Filters (see photo). When I hard code a ticket number value in the multiple inputs (SQL queries) in a workflow it works well and I get a nice result in the Visual Layout tool (see photo). However, when I try to set it up like in the photo as an app I don't see anything when hooking up a Browse tool to the Layout Tool and the output in Excel looks strange (see photo).

10 REPLIES 10
paddis
6 - Meteoroid

@ddiesel I think you are correct in mentioning the Render Tool. I had never used that, but it seems to be the better option in this case than the Output Data tool. Thanks for that help. Apparently, that was my real problem (not the multiple dynamic inputs).

Labels