Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

One Condition, mutiple fields updated

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Does Alteryx provide a way to set multiple values based on a single condition? 

Scenario:

If Field1 = {test value} Then
   Set Field2 = {new value}
       Field3 = {new value}
       Field4 = {new value}

Currently, the only way I see to accomplish this is to have 3 formulas test the same Field1 criteria, but each one updating a different Field.

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

That is also the only way I know of doing that. You could however set up a macro that would take the fields you want to update and the value of the field needed and run it through that way. That would mean you would only need one formula and update all the fields you need based on the same criteria.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @rromeo ,

I'm attaching an example where I'm using a multi field formula tool to do what you need.

Take a look and let me know if this makes sense to you.

fmvizcaino_0-1582001536156.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, Fernando. Although that was not exactly what I was looking for, it was exactly answered what I asked and was perfect for the current workflow I am editing.

However, for future situations, I am still wondering if there is a way to do the following(slightly edited version of my original post: setting multiple fields to DIFFERENTvalues based on one condition.

Scenario:

If Field1 = {test value} Then
   Set Field2 = 100
       Field3 = "EKG"
       Field4 = 44

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @rromeo ,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way of developing such a solution. For that, I suggest you to keep doing with multiple formulas.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

@rromeo,

Does each field go to a specific value if it meets that value from the first field?

If so I think a macro could do this to translate each field correctly given the formula.

Labels