Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Old version of Alteryx is opening instead of the new version

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

until this week I was working with version 10.1 and now updated to version 10.6. Both versions are operational. When I trigger an action outside of Alteryx (e.g. downloading a tool from the gallery) always the old version of Alteryx is opening. Where do I need to make a change in order to open the new version instead?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

You could try to find a .yxmd in File Explorer, right-click and choose "Open With...", then manually browse to the exact Alteryx executable you want to run it, select that and click the "set as default" checkbox...  That should reset Windows to be pointing at the correct one.

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

This was my first thought as well. But everytime I want to change to the new version, the old Program stays as the prefered option. It seems that Windows 7 can not recognize the different version and therefore stays with the old choice.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can try @SergioD's suggestion of using the control panel in this post: http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Setup-Configuration/How-to-stop-workflows-amp-apps-opening-with-an-o...

I've also detailed the changes in the registry in that post if you are able/comfortable with going right to the registry.

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

For me ONLY the Registry changes solved the problem. I had no chance to change via Browser or Control Panel.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Labels