Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Office of Finance Starter Kit - Missing Macro

atjarvis
5 - Atom

I recently downloaded the Office of Finance Starter Kit and tried to access the Cashflow Forecasting sample workflow.

When I load the sample workflow I get an error message for Missing Macros - Predictive Tools\ETS.xymc & Predictive Tools\TS_Forecast.xymc - I subsequently updated Designer to include all the Predictive Tools (RInstaller) but I still get this message when reloading the workflow. I tried to reinstall the Starter Kit but just got the message to say it was already installed.

This Starter Kit was downloaded direct from Alteryx so I would have expected them to have included any Macros direct in the kit?

I suspect I'm missing something obvious here but has anyone got any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@atjarvis I have packaged up that specific workflow and attached it here fyi. Can you see these tools in the Time Series palette in your Alteryx Designer?

atjarvis
5 - Atom

Thank you for your response.

Yes I do have the Time Series Palette in Designer.

I tried to import the package you helpfully left for me, however, I get an error message as I'm not on the latest version of the designer. I have to stay on this current version (2020.2.3.27789) as this is the currently approved version in my organisation.

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@atjarvis try this attached workflow I have attempted to convert for you.

atjarvis
5 - Atom

@RishiK thanks for your help but no dice I'm afraid still get the same error message for missing macros

2021-05-06 10-30-53_Greenshot.png

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@atjarvis you might need to uninstall Designer and re-install a fresh. Looks like Designer cannot find the Macros destination on your machine.

Can you try this (re-install with the Predictive tools).

Labels