Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ORA-28000: The account is locked

Saraliciagl
5 - Atom

Hi, 

The password that I use to extract information form SQL changed, so I opened my WF from gallery in my designer 2020.4 and updated my password (Connect in DB tool)  but then it got locked showing this error:

ORA-28000: The account is locked

I have multiple workflows with this password so I disabled all the scheduled WF (to avoid get locked) then I noticed that the problem was that when I open the WF it tries to connect automatically 6 times (6 connect in db tools included in the WF) and it got locked again, I tried to update password in a new connect in db and I succedded but when I opened the rest of the WF with the same connect shows that the account is locked, I made a query in SQL developer and it is working correctly.

Can someone suggest a secure way to update the password and remove its password history without getting locked in multiple connect in db tools and mutiple WFs?

3 REPLIES 3
oly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Saraliciagl,

not a pretty workaround, but would you consider disconnecting from your network to update the passwords?

Also, consider other practices like keeping password in ODBC connector. Would be more tricky then to fix the workflows without network connection though. I'm curious if somebody has a better idea.

Best,

Oly

Saraliciagl
5 - Atom

Hi Oly, thank you for your answer, we need to be connected to download and save changes in gallery.

oly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sorry if I wasn't clear:

1. You can download the workflows from the Gallery that you need while still connected

2. Disconnect network

3. Update passwords

4. Connect network

5. Upload modified workflows to the Gallery

Labels