Inspire EMEA 2022 On-Demand is live! Watch now, and be sure to save the date for Inspire 2023 in Las Vegas next May.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer and Intelligence Suite.

ODBC data source throwing error

UtkarshT
5 - Atom

Despite a successful test of connection using ODBC drivers, Alteryx cannot connect to the Hive source using Input Data tool. Dont know how to proceed further. 

Hive connection DetailsHive connection Details

successfully tested connectionsuccessfully tested connection

Capture1.PNG

error thrown by alteryxerror thrown by alteryx

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @UtkarshT ,

This error can be given due to multiple reasons. The most common one is firewall setup. Are you sure your IT openend the ports required to access the server?

It might also be some driver vesion issue.

Cheers

UtkarshT
5 - Atom

Hey 

@afv2688 wrote:

Hello @UtkarshT ,

This error can be given due to multiple reasons. The most common one is firewall setup. Are you sure your IT openend the ports required to access the server?

It might also be some driver vesion issue.

Cheers

@afv2688

Thanks for your reply. 

According to me, If it would have been port/firewall issue it shouldn't work with other application. But as shown in the screenshot, it is connecting successfully outside alteryx. I am only facing this issue with alteryx

AndrewKramer
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

The HW Hive ODBC Driver is not supported by Alteryx. Please download and use the Simba Hive ODBC Driver at the following link:

https://pages.alteryx.com/alteryx-driver-downloads-lp.html

Please let us know if the problem persists with this driver.

ak2018
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AndrewKramer I have the v2.6.2.1002 version of Simba ODBC Driver and it connects fine using the ODBC DSN Setup. I had to check Use Only SSPI  in Advanced Options

However, when I use that DSN in Alteryx, it still gives the error below. Any help in resolving this is greatly appreciated. I use Kerberos Mechanism with Active Directory authentication. This works just fine with the 32 bit driver version.

FAILED![Simba][Support] (50363) Failed to get username: Routine Error:
Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
Mechanism Info:
Unknown code 0
Major: 851968 Minor: 100001

Labels