Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ODBC connection

nasrinahmed
6 - Meteoroid

I have connected an excel with serial number 1-2299 as source and an ODBC connection to firebird db as a destination,

however 20 rows are being skipped on load, for example 1st row is written 21st row is written but 2-20 row are not written 

However output log shows 2299 rows written. If I drag a browse tool, I can see 2299rows.

Please help.

Alteryx.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Have you checked the Uotput panel for possible messages of why thos records are being dropped?

Can you provide a copy of the workflow and data to be able to see what's happening?

nasrinahmed
6 - Meteoroid

The attached file has input file and the workflow attached the output file however is a ODBC connection, so I am not sure how to post it, any suggestion?

Input file is an xlsx file with values 1,2,3,4,5,6,7....25

The output that I could read in my odbc table is 1,21 - just there two rows

chris_love
12 - Quasar

You miight struggle here, firebird isn't on the list of supported platforms for Alteryx.

http://help.alteryx.com/10.0/index.htm#DataSources/DatabaseSupport.htm

That said I've used Firebid successfully. Is your driver up to date? Can you turn logging on in the ODBC connection for the driver properties? What happens if you adjust the transaction size in the output tool? Can you try outputing to yxdb to ensure the the output is working as you require....

If you can give us some more information, version numbers, etc then Im sure we can help investigate.

Regards

Chris

nasrinahmed
6 - Meteoroid

I am using Firebird/InterBace(r) driver version 2.00.03.154

>>What happens if you adjust the transaction size in the output tool?

I have changed the transaction size from 1000 to 4194304 and found no change in the output.

>>Can you try outputing to yxdb to ensure the the output is working as you require....

I have used output browser and I could see all the 25 rows, Also I have output the same rows to another txt file and been successful in getting all the rows.

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Hi

I had a play myself and could replicate the issue.

Changing the trasaction size to 1 fixed the issue for me.

Can you try that? I expect their is a subtle difference in the way transactions are sent to firebird which is affecting the output.

Regards

Chris

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello all,

I was playing around this and agree with Chris, that should solve the issue. But I noticed the performance is quite affected (I tried 48MM records).

I´m not very familiar with Firebird (I´m using 2.5.something, but the same ODBC driver version) But I believe there is something about commiting transactions to the DB.

chris_love
12 - Quasar

I tried adding a commit to the post sql statement but that doesn't help.

nasrinahmed
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help.I could finally write to my database.

Do you mean Commit in isql, my tablenames generated are all in lower case isql gives me "There is no table XXXX in the database " - table unknown error. 

napplewh
8 - Asteroid

I have got an issue with my ODBC connection. It won't let me link to a data source that i know is correct

It says Error in opening "Select......"   when using a Dynamic Input tool.

Can anyone help? 

Labels