Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ODBC connection to Azure Cosmos DB

rcnrk
5 - Atom

Hi,

I installed the ODBC driver for Cosmos DB and successfully created the User DSN. When I try to connect to the DSN from Alteryx designer I'm receiving below error. Complete error message is attached. Let me know if anybody is successful connecting to Cosmos db from designer.

rcnrk_0-1609964067357.png

Thanks,

Rama

6 REPLIES 6
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Rama!
I attached part of that error message which could be the root cause of the issue.
It appears that the dataset is on a newer version of SDK than what you are trying to use to access.

Since these are Microsoft error messages, I would also recommend checking out their support site for further assistance!
Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
rcnrk
5 - Atom

Ok, I will dig in the Microsoft forums.

rcnrk
5 - Atom

I worked with Microsoft on the error and learned that the Cosmos ODBC driver is referencing older version of the API that does not support large partition keys. Hence the error. The newer version is in preview. I tried it and able to connect to the Cosmos DB with no error. 

soaryy
5 - Atom

Hi, is the newer Cosmos DB driver version available anywhere? I'm having the same issue currently.

rcnrk
5 - Atom

The new version is unpublished. I got the non production version from Microsoft. Just dropped in a line to them asking the release date.

soaryy
5 - Atom

Is there an email you contacted to get access to the new version? Trying to solve this issue asap, so if possible I'd like to try it too. Thanks.

Labels