Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ODBC connection string using SIMBA Presto driver

charter747
7 - Meteor

Hello. I need to connect to our AWS HUE environment from Alteryx server. I can get this to work if I connect using the named ODBC connection on my local. But once published, this will not work.

Can someone help me build the connection string?

This is what Alteryx uses to connect from my local:

odbc:DSN=EIM_Datamart;UID=username;PWD=pwd

This is my attempt:

odbc:DRIVER=Simba Presto ODBC Driver;Host=emr.eim.faa.gov;Port=8446;UID=username;PWD=pwd|||rdsfeeds

Am I missing parenthesis, brackets, ....

The error I'm getting with my attempt is:

Error: Input Data (5): Error SQLDriverConnect: [Simba][Presto] (1020) Error with HTTP API at http://emr.eim.faa.gov:8446/v1/statement : Unsupported protocol

To have the widest audience possible, I also posted this question on the "Server" side of the Alteryx Community.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

is the odbc driver set up and configured in odbc 64 - and if so do you have the name?

charter747
7 - Meteor

Yes, it is set-up on my laptop and it has a name; everything works perfectly on my laptop. But I don't want to refer to that name in the connection string since the odbc connection is not set-up on the server. The workflow will break once published to the server since that named connection does not exist. 

This is why I want to make a DSN-less connection. To do that, I need to know how to format the connection string.

Labels