This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I know this is WAY late, but i needed a fitting place to put my oauth1 macro and this looked like a great place to add to the conversation.
I've attached the oauth1 workflow package that I created recently after diving back into oauth1 calls for a client. After days of frustration (with the signature) I ran a call that I knew worked in Postman (using the built-in authentication) and basically tried every combination of URL/Parameter/Order/key/etc. until i found the correct hash and reversed the algorithm to find the correct structure. Further testing on the Alteryx gallery API allowed me to tune the macro to be more versatile. oauth1 is a pain to decode when you don't have a library or know how to use them.
Shout out to @jdunkerley79 on the HMAC-SHA1 hashing tool! This also used the percent encoder macro, but i'm unsure where that came from - I'll attribute the source if/when i find that information.
Hopefully this macro will save you time and frustration. 🙂