Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Number sequence

cghanshyam
5 - Atom

How can I get the number sequence as attached? I have the column 'Type' using which I'm trying to derive column 'Number'.

Number sequence.PNG

I'm not sure if I can get this using Multirow or Tile, yet to try on these. Initial thoughts are heading towards writing a complicated formula but thought to check with the community if there is an easier solution? 

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I took a route that used the Tile, Multiple Multi Row Formula, and transformation tools. I used a few more tools than necessary, but it should be easy to follow (browses at key points) and scale. 

20191213-TreeAssignment.png

Check out the attached example solution and let me know if this works for you.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @cghanshyam ,

One way to achieve that is by creating an additional column only to create that kind of sorting.

Take a look at the attached example and let me know if that works for you.

fmvizcaino_0-1576254245758.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Hi there, 

I think this might be what you're looking for. I got there with with multi-row formulas, a transpose tool and summarize/concatenation. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg_Murray_0-1576254049211.png

cghanshyam
5 - Atom

Charlie, thank you so much! There's always so much more to learn from you. Your solution too got me to the answer.  

Labels