Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Number sequence

cghanshyam
5 - Atom

How can I get the number sequence as attached? I have the column 'Type' using which I'm trying to derive column 'Number'.

Number sequence.PNG

I'm not sure if I can get this using Multirow or Tile, yet to try on these. Initial thoughts are heading towards writing a complicated formula but thought to check with the community if there is an easier solution? 

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I took a route that used the Tile, Multiple Multi Row Formula, and transformation tools. I used a few more tools than necessary, but it should be easy to follow (browses at key points) and scale. 

20191213-TreeAssignment.png

Check out the attached example solution and let me know if this works for you.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @cghanshyam ,

One way to achieve that is by creating an additional column only to create that kind of sorting.

Take a look at the attached example and let me know if that works for you.

fmvizcaino_0-1576254245758.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Hi there, 

I think this might be what you're looking for. I got there with with multi-row formulas, a transpose tool and summarize/concatenation. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg_Murray_0-1576254049211.png

cghanshyam
5 - Atom

Charlie, thank you so much! There's always so much more to learn from you. Your solution too got me to the answer.  

Labels