Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Number of months in a period in each year

ailee15
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I have a period that I would like to split into number of months in each year. 

e.g. if the contract period is Jul 1, 2016 - Jun 30, 2020, there will be 6 months in 2016, 12 months from 2017-2019, and 6 months in 2020 where we earn revenue. I would like columns to show '6' under 2016, '12 under 2017, 2018, 2019 and '6' under 2020. 

How do I make it work in the workflow?

Thank you in advance!

14 REPLIES 14
Alekh
9 - Comet

@grazitti_sapna I have 2019.2.5.62427 (admin) where the workflow works, but it doesn't work on 2019.1.6.58192 (non admin). 

It's repeatable for me so potentially could be a bug.

EDIT: I realised that it's because I have custom formulas. YEAR() and DATEADD() are custom ones from here. Workflow attached in my previous response should work. Just changed dateadd() to datetimeadd() and year() to datetimeyear().

ailee15
6 - Meteoroid

It did! Thanks a lot!

AndrewBanh
9 - Comet

Hi @ailee15 

Without checking the check boxes in the crosstab tool, your results pane would look like:

Without check box.PNG

However, if you do check those boxes, you will capture those details (contract start and end date) as seen below.

With checkbox.PNG

ailee15
6 - Meteoroid

oh, I get it now. thank you. 

Actually this question was a follow up from my other post (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Split-over-contract-period/m-p/433621#...)

I have a workflow that does the rest of calculation that I mentioned in the link and realised i'd prefer to do the # of months calculation in WF as well. 

Now i don't know how to combine the two. Can someone help me pls?

Thank you!

Alekh
9 - Comet

I added in my piece of the workflow with the other with some minor tweaks. 

Labels