Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Not sure how to transpose this table

denisejohns
5 - Atom

This is a simple request, but I don't know how to pivot this table in Alteryx as I am able to in Excel. Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@denisejohns 
Hope I understand your intention correctly. 😁

0801-denisejohns.PNG

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @denisejohns - Here is a possible solution. Unless I totally misunderstood your goal 😁

ArtApa_0-1659316223444.png

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu,

Thank you for response. I'm sorry I didn't explain very well that the table you have as the input is actually the output I am trying to accomplish in Alteryx.

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

Hi ArtApa,

Thank you too for your response and again, I apologize for not giving a clear description of what I am trying to accomplish. Your solution is a useful tool and I will be able to use it for another problem.

The RecordID field is a text field padded with 0s to enable a sort when I concatenate a string to it. In the attached screenshots, I have updated the examples.

I'm sorry for not describing my need completely.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SDJ57 - I have updated the workflow to change ID from Int to String and Padded zeros. You can then change the data as you want the workflow will work:

ArtApa_0-1659337596398.png

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

Hi ArtApa! It is perfect! Thank you!

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SDJ57 - Would you like to mark one of the posts as a solution? It's the best practice to do so, if you are happy. 

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @SDJ57 

Is this what you were after?

Ben_H_0-1659452646807.png

(note the date field here is day/mon/year)

Ben_H_1-1659452656308.png

Regards,

Ben

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

Hi ArtApa,

I contacted the moderator Tuesday, because for some reason I am not seeing the option to chose a solution. I contacted the moderator again

Labels