Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Not sure how to transpose this table

denisejohns
5 - Atom

This is a simple request, but I don't know how to pivot this table in Alteryx as I am able to in Excel. Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@denisejohns 
Hope I understand your intention correctly. 😁

0801-denisejohns.PNG

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @denisejohns - Here is a possible solution. Unless I totally misunderstood your goal 😁

ArtApa_0-1659316223444.png

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu,

Thank you for response. I'm sorry I didn't explain very well that the table you have as the input is actually the output I am trying to accomplish in Alteryx.

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

Hi ArtApa,

Thank you too for your response and again, I apologize for not giving a clear description of what I am trying to accomplish. Your solution is a useful tool and I will be able to use it for another problem.

The RecordID field is a text field padded with 0s to enable a sort when I concatenate a string to it. In the attached screenshots, I have updated the examples.

I'm sorry for not describing my need completely.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SDJ57 - I have updated the workflow to change ID from Int to String and Padded zeros. You can then change the data as you want the workflow will work:

ArtApa_0-1659337596398.png

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

Hi ArtApa! It is perfect! Thank you!

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SDJ57 - Would you like to mark one of the posts as a solution? It's the best practice to do so, if you are happy. 

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @SDJ57 

Is this what you were after?

Ben_H_0-1659452646807.png

(note the date field here is day/mon/year)

Ben_H_1-1659452656308.png

Regards,

Ben

SDJ57
8 - Asteroid

Hi ArtApa,

I contacted the moderator Tuesday, because for some reason I am not seeing the option to chose a solution. I contacted the moderator again

Labels