Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Not seeing all data

Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

Good afternoon Alteryx team,

I'll explain my issue straightforward. I All of my data is coming into my input tool. The data consist of data from the year 2018 and 2019. For some reason, when I run the flow I am only seeing 2018's data coming out of the Select tool and not 2019. There isn't any other tool between the Input tool and the Select tool. Not sure why it's only selecting select data. The date cell is selected, so it should pull all dates within that field. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Plewis1 ,

To look the data after the select tool, are you using a browse tool? That is the way to see all data from an input data tool. If you look the select output, it will show only a sample of your data.

If it is not the case, please send me a screenshot of the input data tool configuration and of your workflow please.

Best,

Feenando V.

Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Plewis1 

Can you attach the PO_summarized.yxmd_DO_NOT_MOVE.yxdb file?  Or at least enough to demonstrate the problem?

Dan

Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

Hi  

Nebula

I did attach it. If you click the download button next to the attachment, you should be able to pull it up. 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Plewis1 

You attached the workflow .yxmd.  Inside the workflow, Input Data(35) reads from an Alteryx database, PO_summarized_yxdb_DO_NOT_MOVE.yxdbThis is the file that I was asking about.  Can you attach that one?  Without it we can't run your workflow.

Dan

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I don't think that the file attached to your post, but what is most likely happening here is you are only seeing a snapshot of the data from the anchor on your tool. The output anchors on tools only show 1MB of data by default so it is possible that you are only seeing the part that has 2018 data and not 2019 data because of this. If you attach a browse tool (the green binoculars), it will show you the entire data set at that point in the workflow. 

Labels