Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Not able to move files(archive) dynamically

Sasidharg
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have 3 files in the source folder that are transposed and sent to a destination folder.

Copying the files dynamically is smooth and all of the files are going to the target,  however when it comes to move (using File copy/move)

it is not able to do that(clear the files from source and move it to archive).

Any thoughts.. Thanks in advance,

Sasidhar 

Sasidharg_0-1632451360583.png

9 REPLIES 9
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Have you tried the Teknion macros? They made a tool specifically for moving files from one location to another: https://www.teknionusa.com/teknion-toolkit 

BrandonB_0-1632460693968.png

mst3k
11 - Bolide

the bottom right tool in the screenshot i don't recognize - is it a custom macro?

you can do this by creating a .bat script and using the Run Command tool to execute it. i just built a workflow that uses this process to delete a file in a folder, copy an excel template into that folder, and rename the template.

i assume any pre-packaged custom tools/macros are doing this same thing behind the scenes. neat to see them already packaged up, i wasn't aware of some of these

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mst3k Bob Peers put together a bunch of custom macros. You can find his github here: https://github.com/bobpeers/Alteryx_SDK_FileCopyMove 

Sasidharg
7 - Meteor

File Copy/Move can archive multiple files based on a wild card. I had an issue with source file formula and was running into issues. 

Thank you very much for your insights

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @BrandonB 

Dear, Could you please help me to explain it ? Thank you !

flying008_0-1652234430598.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@flying008 I didn't build the tool myself, but I was able to get the "remove" function working by selecting "Batch" for input type which implies that you are feeding in a list of file paths. For the remove function I don't think the "Source Path Field" is actually used, but the "Source File Field" would appear to be the value that is used for the actual deletion. I used the same for both and it seems like it worked as expected: 

BrandonB_0-1652282810876.png

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi,@BrandonB 

Anyway , my option Input Type and Mode both are show "No results found". use the teknion toolkit need  online ? what's happen ? so could you please share a sample.yxmd for figure out it ?  Thank you !

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you aren't seeing anything in the dropdown for Input Type or mode it is probably an issue with your installation of the tool. I would recommend reaching out to them directly as this is a third party created tool. 

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi,@BrandonB 

Thank you very much ! I will try again with contact the developer. 

Labels