Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Not able to execute Model Comparison Tool

abhik24
7 - Meteor

I have been trying to execute model comparison tool for comparing three classification algorithms, but the tool keeps giving me the following error. Not able to understand what exactly the error is.

Error: Model Comparison (26): Tool #3: Error in family(object)$linkinv(pred) :
Error: Model Comparison (26): Tool #3: Execution halted
Error: Model Comparison (26): Tool #3: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

I have attached the workflow here as well.

8 REPLIES 8
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @abhik24 ,

Would you be able to package your workflow? That way, I will be able to have your workflow with your macros and input dataset as well.

Best,

Fernando V.

abhik24
7 - Meteor

Attaching the Workflow package.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @abhik24 

Since you didn't package your model comparisson macro as well, I've configured mine here and it runned with no errors.

Take a look and let me know if yours is still with errors. Attaching mine.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

abhik24
7 - Meteor

Hi @

The workflow package that you have attached is incompatible with my alteryx version 2019.4.8.22007

I am attaching my workflow package again with the macros as well. Please check and let me know.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @abhik24 ,

The model comparisson tool needs to work with known information about survivors as it will calculates the accuracy of your models related to what already happened.

So, you only need to change the D anchor of your model comparison to receive data from the T anchor of your filter tool.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

abhik24
7 - Meteor

Hi @fmvizcaino 

Thanks a lot. It worked. I was using the F anchor of the Filter tool as the Model Comparison Tool documentation mentions to use Test Data in the D anchor.

Anyway, Thanks again for pointing out the issue. 🙂

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @abhik24 ,

Actually, one thing that I forgot to say is exactly related to that.

When building a predictive model, you need to separate your known dataset in 2.

You can do that with the create samples tool and a standart way of doing it is by separating 2/3 to create your model and 1/3 to validate it. 

2/3 of your T anchor would be entering in all models

1/3 of your T would be entering in model comparisson tool

F anchor would be entering in your best model according to model comparisson tool.

Best,

Fernando V.

abhik24
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the info. Will keep that in mind from now on. 🙂

Labels