Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Not able to delete old tabs with file path methodology

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement in which every time workflow runs, it generate the tabs in the same excel depending on the Field name.

Now , with my last post I have created a formula as Filepath +[File Name] + ".xlsx|" + [Sheet name]" but with Sheet drop option is is not dropping the old tabs which were a part of last run but do not present in the current run and if I Overwrite File then it is creating a Tab for the last field.

Eg. In my first run I have ID as 1,2,3 so the file will have 3 tabs 1,2,3. In the next run ID have 2,5,6 so in this run there should be 3 sheets only 2,5,6 but in my case it 1,2,3,5,6 which is wrong and in case if I use Overwrite file, it is having only 1 tab i.e. the last tab 5, Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
Scott_Snowman
10 - Fireball

Dropping the sheet (overwriting sheet) will remove a sheet with the same name that you are outputting to, and then create a new sheet with the same name containing the output of the workflow.

If there are other sheets that already exist in the workbook before the workflow runs, and they have names that do not match the output sheet names, then they will not be touched by the Alteryx output process.

You could get around this by generating a new file each time you run the workflow. If the make the file name dynamic, by including a timestamp in the filename, then every file will start from a blank slate and you will not have any tabs from prior runs.

Labels