Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Not able to create directories

praveen022
7 - Meteor

I am trying to create directories as below. Some of the folders under my path has spaces, and I am not able to create a directory. I am able to create a directory where the path don't have any spaces.

I am attaching my alterxy workflow. Please suggest

The bat file that is creating has multiple double quotes, tried few things but still not able to create directories

Command
"mkdir ""C:\Users\xyz\OneDrive - XYZ Technologies \Documents\reports Recon\Outputs\Apple"""
"mkdir ""C:\Users\xyz\OneDrive - XYZ Technologies \Documents\reports Recon\Outputs\Ball"""
"mkdir ""C:\Users\xyz\OneDrive - XYZ Technologies \Documents\reports Recon\Outputs\Cat"""
"mkdir ""C:\Users\xyz\OneDrive - XYZ Technologies \Documents\reports Recon\Outputs\Dolphin"""

4 REPLIES 4
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @praveen022 

You were almost there, you needed to add your capturing quotes, in the second formula rather than in the first

praveen022
7 - Meteor

@LordNeilLord - Thanks for the solutions, and it worked like a champ. One more question I have is in the run command when I am giving the absolute path same as the output directory then the run command didn't work and it is throwing the error. But when I have run command under %temp% as you mentioned or under C:\Temp, it works.

Do you know what is causing the problem with the absolute path in the run command. (Write Source Output and Run External Program Command)

Thanks again

-Praveen

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @praveen022 

My guess is that c:\temp doesn't exist.....when you use %temp% that's the Alteryx Temp File Location that is deleted when the workflow finishes

praveen022
7 - Meteor

Thank you. Directory location exist but still erroring out, but for now I am writing to %temp%

Labels