Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Not able to connect salesforce marketing cloud using download tool

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Hi 

I'm trying to connect salesforce marketing cloud to get token through alteryx using download tool . but getting following error  " Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server" . 

POST https://YOUR_SUBDOMAIN.auth.marketingcloudapis.com/v1/requestToken
Content-Type: application/json
{
    "clientId": "YOUR_CLIENT_ID",
    "clientSecret": "YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET"
}

200 OK
{
    "accessToken": "YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN"
    "expiresIn": 3600
}

error.PNG

can any one help me in this 

15 REPLIES 15
madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Hmmm.. It did the Trick . I changed payload to what you mentioned  .Thank you very much . That change made record saved in data extension SFMC.

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

Please mark the reply as solution , this can help others. 

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

adding to that im also getting one more issue in PROXY settings in Alteryx .. while on the postman I'm able to get token and also post the json in data extension of SFMC ,on the network .But where as in alteryx while on the same network I'm not able to get the token . I'm changing my wifi network  to othter getting token from alteryx . 

is there any way by pass network issue in the alteryx .

Atthached my proxy settings 

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

Network and Proxy are company dependent 

this is my understanding ....with my limited experience in networking

Companies restrict access to connecting to external sites using Proxy and firewall setting .. many other things... 

If you are able to open a website from browser assume google.com .. if your company allows that is a whitelisted site if the call comes from browser

If you try to access the same site through program and it is restricted that means the site is not whitelisted if the call goes through process other than server 

Regarding the Proxy setting looks like your setting uses the existing proxy ( you can search for proxy setting in the community )

My advise connect with the network guy or gal .. ask them to sniff the packet coming from your machine and see what happens ..

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

I'm getting new error , on that day my payload was working fine but now I'm getting this new error from SFMC , when I send the same payload through postman , I dont have any issue

{"message":"Field 'Email' exists but is not a primary key.","errorcode":10000,"documentation":""}

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

is there any way I can solve this .

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

Sorry for late reply ..

Way to debig is compare the Postman and Alteryx calls in Fiddler and find the difference

Labels