Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Not able to connect salesforce marketing cloud using download tool

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Hi 

I'm trying to connect salesforce marketing cloud to get token through alteryx using download tool . but getting following error  " Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server" . 

POST https://YOUR_SUBDOMAIN.auth.marketingcloudapis.com/v1/requestToken
Content-Type: application/json
{
    "clientId": "YOUR_CLIENT_ID",
    "clientSecret": "YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET"
}

200 OK
{
    "accessToken": "YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN"
    "expiresIn": 3600
}

error.PNG

can any one help me in this 

15 REPLIES 15
sathiya
8 - Asteroid

Generic Download tool debugging - 

1. Test the call in other tools like Postman or any SOAP AND/OR REST tools - to verify call works

2. Firewall in company can cause issues

3. Last please attach screen shots of the download tool configuration without the  ID or Keys 

Thanks

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

i'm able to connect through postman and getting token as well but not through alteryx . also im new alteryx . error1.PNGmy payloadmy payload

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

1. To trouble shoot please use fiddler when running the alteryx it will show the Calls

2.  Personal opinion - create a new formula - add column as data - with value like ( ex : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.noversion.mc-getting-started.meta/mc-getting-start... )  - 

{
  "clientId": "gyjzvytv7ukqtfn3x2qdyfsn",
  "clientSecret": "************"
}

Please note your data has extra brackets

3. another Column called Content-Type

application/json 

4. In Downloadtool - header - select content ; Payload - Select Take query String/body from field - data

5. run with fiddler 

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Hi 

Thanks for the help . it was due to my office network I was not get the token .I did download  fiddler to check log 

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Hi 

I'm getting token successfully , but when try to post Json log with the acess token from download tool to one of the data extension in salesforce marketing cloud . I'm getting error 

{"documentation":"https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.mc-apis.meta/mc-apis/error-handling.htm","errorcod... Request"}

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request X-Mashery-Responder: 10-t06 Vary: Origin X-Mashery-Message-ID: af8bde66-638e-4ce9-bbfe-d53b9a452215 strict-transport-security: max-age=15552000; preload Content-Security-Policy: upgrade-insecure-requests x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block x-frame-options: DENY x-content-type-options: nosniff cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0, no-store, private Referrer-Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin Content-Encoding: gzip Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8 Content-Length: 135 Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 16:20:59 GMT Connection: close Server: Apache

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

Error is generic .

Please post the Request without any personal identifiable or confidential information .

As i stated above - It is advisable to use Postman or Fiddler to create the Request , then test it with Download tool . This will help to eliminate some components .

Thanks

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Im able to post through Post man , same Json . but not through alteryx 

in download tool I have mentioned like this .

Authorization token 

Json 

madhukarm
7 - Meteor

Im able to get the token , when I hold the token and send it with another loginurl add json and send like this 

Host: https://XXXXXX.rest.marketingcloudapis.com POST /hub/v1/dataevents/11954DDF-28A3-4FE8-BF77-646C37506621/rowset

Content-Type: application/json

Authorization: Bearer YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN

[ { "keys":{ "Email": "someone@example.com" }, "values":{ "LastLogin": "2013-05-23T14:32:00Z", "IsActive": true, "FirstName": "John", "FollowerCount": 2, "LastName": "Smith" } },

{ "keys": { "Email": "someone2@example.com" }, "values":{ "LastLogin": "2013-05-23T14:32:00Z", "IsActive": true, "FirstName": "Jane", "FollowerCount": 2, "LastName": "Smith" } } ] 

im getting error

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

Assuming Login URL is correct

In Payload - select the second radio button - Take Query String.Body... and select the Json

If Fails - Compare Fiddler  information between Postman and Alteryx tool 

Labels