ALTERYX INSPIRE | Join us this May for for a multi-day virtual analytics + data science experience like no other! Register Now

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Not able to Add a Gallery

cse_victor
5 - Atom

Hi, I am trying to add a gallery, but after entering the URL and giving my credentials, it just hang on the spinning "logging in..." icon. It happens with my company gallery and with the public gallery too. I am using Designer ver. 2019.1 x64

I notice that in my \Program Files\Alteryx\ folder, the "Engine" folder with the xmls and the GalleryAlias.xml file is missing. Since this is a new installation; Do I need admin privileges on windows in order to add a gallery? What could be the possible issue?

ZTerry
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @cse_victor ,

I hope all is well! Can you please try clearing out the cookies in your browser and then sign into our public gallery? Please let me know the behavior you see. 

Also, do you have the admin or non-admin version of 2019.1 x64 installed on your machine? 

cse_victor
5 - Atom

Hi, I deleted the cookies from my browsers and still I am not able to open add any of our Galleries from the designer.

But I am still able to login to our Galleries using any of browser. I am using the non-admin version.

ZTerry
Alteryx
Alteryx

@cse_victor 

Thank you for providing me with the information below. When you install the non-admin version of Alteryx Designer machine it will install in your USER settings (see screenshot below).

ZachT_0-1584116045158.png

In regard to downloading and opening workflows to your private gallery- when did you start to see this behavior occur?

ajay_naik
5 - Atom

Hi,

Did you resolve this issue? Can you please let me know the solution. I am seeing this exact same issue, unable to add gallery and it just hangs. 

Thank you

Regards,

Ajay

cse_victor
5 - Atom

The add gallery option had been disable by the admin team. They enable it again and that solved the issue.

Labels