Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Nonsensical Workflow in Splash Screen

_richardr
10 - Fireball

Why does the splash screen have a nonsensical workflow in it.  I admit the current version is better than prior ones, they made no sense but, should't you show off a clever or at least plausible workflow during start up?

Best I can tell this is a browse of a map?  Odd because the map input tool does not take an input connection and the Browse tool does not have an output connection.

_richardr_0-1579732285384.png

3 REPLIES 3
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

This is the beauty of data analytics - it provides the platform to look at things and think about solutions in an infinitive amount of ways. 

I think your post is inspirational - look into the beauty of Alteryx just through the start up screen. What's the secret message? 😉

sean_bolte_dup_544
8 - Asteroid

I think you have too much time on your hands! Streets = Logical pathways maybe?

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I love this thread and that you noticed the splash screen. We take into consideration feature enhancements and layer that along with photographic imagery that is refreshed with each release. While it is not an actual workflow, we use tool icons and bezier lines as an artistic representation of what goes on in Designer.  Many times I am a stickler with regards to accurate inputs/outputs lines of the tool, but of course you can output from Browse, just like the Map tool does accept inputs (reference yxdb). The workflow lines also represent a thought process - the thrill of solving - linking and connecting information to a solution. This is what art is supposed to do - to make you think or evoke a feeling. I hope you find it interesting or relieved when it goes away and reveals the vast opportunity of a blank canvas!

Tara McCoy
Labels