community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Non Overlapping Drive Time - Filling the Gaps - Help

Atom

Looking for help with the Non Overlapping drive times;  

The attached graphic illustrates my issues, the tool is not filling the gap that would be considered overlapping. How does one fill the gaps?

CaptureOutput NoOverlapping.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner

@Space

Based on attached image, the Non Overlap DriveTime tool appears to be working, There's a border created where the two polygons would normally begin overlapping at the top part of the image. 

That being said, if you'd like to fill and distribute the area between those objects there are other spatial tools in Alteryx that can accomplish that. The two drivetime polygons shown can be combined and processed to give us the "hole" object. Turn this hole object into grids and distribute them to the nearest polygon, then combine those objects with the originals.

Solution attached.

Atom

Thanls Charles for the reply,

Below is the result of a regular Drive time for two locations. It's my impression that Non-Overlapping Drive times would/should split the overlap between the two locations. 

CaptureRegDTs.PNGCaptureCompare.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner

Oh I didn't realize there was that much overlapping area. You're correct that the area should be redistributed like my example. The Non Overlap Drivetime tool is actually a macro that can be opened and debugged to see where the problem is. I could help with this if you'd like to share information on your input points, drivetime distance, and guzzler vintage. 

Labels