Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

No table chosen, Please select a Table from data source

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

I use this approach all the time.   But today, it will not work.

The directory tool and the macro's input tool are set to the same directory.   The directory contains Excel files.  Running the macro outputs the correct table.  But, the workflow fails with the error "No table chosen, please select a table from data source."   This occurs even when I remove all files except for the one referenced in the macro.  

Within the macro...   the file path is set to the same directory found used in the workflow's directory input tool; file format is set to Microsoft Excel (*.xlsx); Table is set to the correct table name; and output file name as field is set to full path.

What am I missing??????

Thanks.

IScreen Shot 2019-07-18 at 2.19.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-18 at 2.22.51 PM.png

13 REPLIES 13
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hellyars 

Could you please show your Action Tool configuration?

There's probably something wrong over there, since you need to update the full path + "|||" + Sheet Name to make it work.

Cheers,

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 2.35.28 PM.png

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Within the workflow, have the macro pointed to FullPath(V_WString).

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@hellyars 

What about the "Replace a specific string" option in the Action Tool, at the bottom of the configuration window? How's that?

Cheers,

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Not checked.  Checking it does not work.  And in both instances the filename and sheet name appear to be configured correctly.   \filename.xls|||'sheet$'

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@hellyars 

Last question. How are the sheet names of your excel files coming from the directory tool?

Cheers,

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

They are all named the same.  All column names are the same.  I get the error if 1 or many files are in the directory.   I can set the macro to any of them and it outputs correctly.  Right now I only have the file referenced in the macro in the directory and it still fails.  

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@hellyars 

Ok, so here's what you're going to do:

- Check the Replace a Specific String option

Then, in the text box below, you're going to replace the string corresponding to -  filepath\filename.xls (obviously you need to replace for you filepath and filename)

Don't replace the "|||Sheet" part, erase that from the text box.

Save your macro before trying your workflow again.

Cheers,

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@hellyars 

Like this:

examplehellyars.PNG

Labels