Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

No sheet specified, you must specify a sheet

Stokesy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys

I've seen one or two posts on this and they all seem to marked as Resolved however the fix didn't work for me so I'm starting again.

Intermittent issue with Dynamic Input tool show the error below:

No sheet specified.JPG

As you can see, I have specified a sheet.

There was a suggestion from previous posts to add the sheet name to the file path in the Dynamic Input tool, this doesn't work for me - just defaults to the normal file-path on closing the dialogue box.

Anyone have a fix?  Or can spot the rookie mistake that I can't??

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Stokesy

Can you screenshot your dynmic input config?

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Stokesy

You need to make sure you have specified a sheet name if your using "Change Entire File Path"

You can do this by adding a formula tool before the dynamic input and appending the sheet name onto the file path...like this:

DynExcel.PNG

Stokesy
6 - Meteoroid

Here ya go

Dynamic Input Config.JPG

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@Stokesy

That's what I thought...see my last post :)

Stokesy
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Neil, that's done it.  Strange how this is an intermittent error though???  I'll just stick with this - if it works, it works :)

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Awesome @Stokesy

I'd appreciate an accepted solution when you get a chance :)

Stokesy
6 - Meteoroid

Done.  Thanks

Nleon
5 - Atom

I am curious, what happens if the source file gets deleted?

I have created a Blue Prism automation that downloads reports from a web source and dumps them into a directory, daily, but it deletes any files older than 5 days to help with cleanup.

The idea is to then have an Alteryx workflow set to write the data from the saved file to a Microsoft SQL Database.

muhammsyed
5 - Atom

Thanks. it worked for me.

Labels