Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

No sheet specified, you must specify a sheet

Stokesy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys

I've seen one or two posts on this and they all seem to marked as Resolved however the fix didn't work for me so I'm starting again.

Intermittent issue with Dynamic Input tool show the error below:

No sheet specified.JPG

As you can see, I have specified a sheet.

There was a suggestion from previous posts to add the sheet name to the file path in the Dynamic Input tool, this doesn't work for me - just defaults to the normal file-path on closing the dialogue box.

Anyone have a fix?  Or can spot the rookie mistake that I can't??

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Kunalkumar
5 - Atom

Thank you for the solution. It worked for me.

QuarterHorse
5 - Atom

This was a very helpful solution for me. My issue was that somebody had added a new sheet to the excel file I used in the Dynamic Input, thus it couldn't identify the correct sheet to use.  The original file only ever has 1 sheet, so the addition of the second sheet caused the error.  

Anand_Parekar
7 - Meteor

Please add formula tool EXACTLY as below between directory and dynamic input tool: 

It should work!

Shreyash41
7 - Meteor

@LordNeilLord Hello, i am trying to achieve something similar for my workflow except that i want dynamic input tool to accept the file paths from an Text input tool and iterate through each record (containing file path) until a condition (depending on a column in the file for which the path is being provided in text input tool) is met. Can this be implemented?

scbrownsr
6 - Meteoroid

This helps me as well. Thank you!!

PatrickMay
5 - Atom

For anybody still having trouble specifying a sheet, remember to use the pipe symbol and not a forward slash. "|||sheetname" and not "///sheetname". This resolved the issue for me.

minhdvo
7 - Meteor

Thanks. It also works for me.

natalia_sjuntak
6 - Meteoroid

what "|||order" refers to? I have followed the steps but still error. 

Johaon
6 - Meteoroid

Oh god, thank you so much!!!! It took me a whole afternoon to solve this problem!

Avokiraloms
6 - Meteoroid

I have this error too but I only have one sheet and it seems to load all the data from the file I need. Is it even necessary to try to solve this error?

Labels