Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

No "Run" function when publishing to Alteryx Public Gallery

AdamWatson
7 - Meteor

I have published a simple workflow to the Alteryx Public Gallery, however there is no "Run" button for users to select, even though the workflow settings are set to allow users to run.

The app can be found here

Here are the workflow settings:

AdamWatson_0-1612363897632.png

As far as i am aware there are no prohibited tools in this simple workflow. Can anyone help troubleshoot why this might be?

7 REPLIES 7
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
AdamWatson
7 - Meteor

Thanks Trevor,

However, this does not seem to be the issue. I have saved it as an app and followed all the rules for prohibited tools.

To confirm when i publish the same application to our Alteryx private gallery it works without any issue.

In addition, when i download a public gallery app and republish it without any changes it does not have a run button.

This suggests to me it is not the workflow itself but many an admin/server configuration issue?

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It looks like this workflow is in your private studio. The workflow will need to be shared to the public home page for it to be used by others. Go to Sharing > Place in Public Gallery.

echuong1_0-1612799133754.png

echuong1_2-1612799228443.png

AdamWatson
7 - Meteor

Unless i has misunderstood i dont think this is the issue as i have shared it to the public gallery shown below.

Am i missing something ?

AdamWatson_0-1612799770840.png

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Apologies, I didn't check your role previously. You're a Viewer on the Public Gallery, meaning you can run public workflows. While you can upload and share workflows, others won't be able to run them via the Gallery. This allows users to share their work with others, while also prohibiting misuse of the resource.

I am an artisan on the Gallery, and therefore am able to upload a workflow and others can run it as well. To example, I've uploaded your workflow and shared it. I will be removing it from the Gallery later on today, but hopefully this helps. For the time being, here is a link: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/testing---EC/602162c20462d71a2ce543ae 

FAQ for the Gallery here: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!page/faqs 

echuong1_1-1612800796741.png

echuong1_0-1612800772624.png

AdamWatson
7 - Meteor

This is helpful thanks. The FAQ does not explain how to become an artisan on the public gallery.

How is this possible ?

From my profile it seems to state i already am:

AdamWatson_0-1612801418734.png

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Members of the public are granted viewer permission only. This is to allow users to share the really cool things they've built with the rest of the community, without allowing misuse of the resource.

Labels