Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

No data published when using Publish to Tableau Server Connector

smcanno
5 - Atom

Hi there! 

I'm trying to use the Publish to Tableau Server Connector, but I've hit a snag. I was able to successfully sign into and connect to Tableau Server, and I've selected a Project Name from the dropdown, entered a new data source name, selected the Create output option, and selected the .hyper data source format. 

When I run the workflow, everything seems to work fine. When I got to Tableau Server, I can find the hyper file, but it has no data in it. 

I know the "How-To Guide" for this connector mentions that you have to uncheck "Refresh project name list" or else no data will be published, but I'm not seeing this checkbox. 

From How-To Guide:

1.png

What I'm seeing:

smcanno_4-1575918368058.png

It looks like all of the support materials out there are for older versions of this connector. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the data to show up in Tableau Server?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
smcanno
5 - Atom

I'm answering my own question. 🙂 

I was used to seeing the data fields appear in the left section in the screenshot below, but they did not. However, when I created a workbook using this data source, all the data was there. I'm not sure why it doesn't show up until you create a workbook, but that's neither here nor there I guess.

smcanno_0-1576006322795.png

kgupta2
5 - Atom

Hi

I am running into same issue. Fields does appear when I try to create a new workbook. But if I want to refresh a workbook which is using this data source it goes blank. Any idea why that could be happening?

Labels