Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

No data in Results but there is data in Preview

slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone

I have an excell file feeding a large workflow. After I run the workflow this excell file shows data in Preview but doesnot show any data in Results hence workflow is not providing correct results.

On the other hand if I run just that part of the workflow seperately, it shows data both in Results and Preview.

Any idea how to sort this? Many thanks in advance.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

When you run the full workflow, what are the log file messages for tool id 1789 (your Input Data tool reading the Excel sheet)?

Chris

slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

I copied all messages in log and searched for 1789 however there is nothing about it. How is that possible?

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

you copied all rows and all columns from the log?  the 1789 would only be in the first column.

when all else fails, completely exit Alteryx and open the program again.

Chris

slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

something very weird is happening. What i have done;

1- Reopened alteryx and original workflow.

2- I could run the workflow successfully.

3- added that erroneous excell file to the workflow with browse tool and ran. Entire workflow ran but that excell piece still donot give any result. Tool id is 1779.

4- Copied all 900 log messages and searched for 1779 but didnot find anything. as a double check, i searched other tool ids and I could find.

5- I added a working piece within the workflow and added for second time just with browse tool Tool id is 1784. 1784 is copy of 332.

6- I ran the whole workflow. Main part still works but copied 1784 doesnot give a results  aswell. however exactly same part 332 shows data.

These erroneous parts donot work aswell if i connect them to the rest of workflow. I mean if i replace 332 with 1784 again i donot see data.

332 and 1784 are very similiar excell files within same network drive and in different folders.

I created 1784 right after 1779. Why the tool id number is not 1780?

Capture3.PNG

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

If your full workflow runs all the way through to completion, without being cancelled, and all of your input data tools are not displayed in the log file, I would suggest contacting Alteryx support.

For your question: I created 1784 right after 1779. Why the tool id number is not 1780?

I'm guessing you created tool id 1779 with a copy/paste, but you copied/pasted a total of 5 separate tools, not just one tool.

So the 5 newly pasted tools are tool id 1779, 1780, 1781, 1782, 1783.

And the next tool created will be tool id 1784.

Chris

slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

Yes full workflow completes and those added ones are not in the log files.

Another weird situation now is, preview is showing all data, results shows only 1 record from the file. I am not filtering on anything. it appears when i click to input tool.

Capture4.PNG

slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

I found the reason for unexpected issues. It is because workflow had broken down and doesnot function properly anymore. Copy all tools and paste to a brand new workflow. Save as a new workflow and it works fine.

Labels