Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

No Geocoder dataset available error

5 - Atom

No Geocoder dataset available error is coming when i am trying to add Street Geocoder.

Could someone please help to resolve the issue.

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar

Hey @sonamgupta131, the Geocoder datasets are separately priced from the desktop installation. Check out pricing here  (you need the Spatial Data package) and make sure that your company has purchased a dataset to be able to use this functionality.

If you have purchased the datasets and it still isn't working, I would contact Alteryx Support to troubleshoot why the dataset isn't being picked up by Alteryx.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi @danrh,

I already have procured the package as part of the license agreement and installed it successfully still it is not coming.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I have the same issue.  How does one direct Alteryx to where the spatial data has been downloaded?

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @MelissaTeal 

After you download the data you need to run the installation process. Check out the article I wrote for installation steps here.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi @TravisR

I've downloaded and installed CASS US and CA, but my parse address tool still does not show an available geocoder. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brian Farrer

Highlighted
5 - Atom

To further clarify, I ran the following steps as well - the results returns a "2017_09_TomTomQ32017_91.ini", -a little outdated perhaps, but it exists.

The geocoder is installed if you open File Explorer to %PROGRAMDATA%\Alteryx\DataProducts\DataSets\Explorer and you see an .ini file for TomTom. Assuming the .ini file is there, open the file in a text editor and confirm the DataPath resolves in another File Explorer window. The contents of the .ini should look similar to this...

[Settings]
DataPath=[local directory or server name]\2018 Q3 US Data\Explorer\TomTom_US_2018_Q3
DbSetName=TomTom US Q3 2018
DbSetDesc=TomTom US Q3 2018
DbSetBaseName=TeleAtlas_US
DbSetBaseNameDesc=TomTom US
DbSetVintage=2018.3
CountryCode=US
CountryDesc=US
PublicDataset=True

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @brianfarrer 

The parse address tool does not contain a geocoder. You need to use either the US Geocoder or the Street Geocoder tools.

Additionally, you may want to confirm that there is a .src file at the filepath the ini points to. Seems a bit odd that a file named Q3 2017 would contain references to Q3 2018. You may end up needing to reinstall the spatial data as I am guessing that the ini file may have been edited by another user.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi @TravisR,

Apologies for all the ambiguity in the last reply. I was just quoting what I pulled from a separate help doc - my .ini file does reference the 2017 dataset - I should have made that more clear. I just don't think the issue is there.

And you're right, I'm actually specifically referring to the "Street Geocoder" tool. I don't appear to have access to the US Geocoder tool (though I have access to a US ZIP9 Geocoder). I'm just trying to derive longitude and latitude points for a list of addressing for utilization in visualization.

So - to start over: I'm trying to use the Street Geocoder tool, but the dropdown simply says "No Geocoder Datasets are Available", even though I verified I have the TomTom and CASS datasets (downloaded and installed). Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brian Farrer

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@brianfarrer It's hard to tell over just community posts. I would recommend reaching out to our support team.

Labels