Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

No Data in Results Window

twheeler
7 - Meteor

I am running a workflow.  The log shows results, but I can't see any data in the Results window.  I added a Browse tool at the end of the workflow and can click on the link in the log to open results.  However, I can't click on any anchors and see results in the Results window.  

I tried looking at this solution and trying the below, but it still didn't work.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/quot-No-data-available-quot-in-results...

I have read in some of the posts that data size may be the issue, but I don't think that is true in my case. To see, I created a new workflow, added a text input tool with three rows, added a text to columns tool and ran the workflow. Can't see the data in the Results window, but I can click in the messages, and it launches the Browse results.

10 REPLIES 10
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@twheeler I have escalated this issue up to our Support team. You should hear from them soon.

Thanks

DanM

twheeler
7 - Meteor

Hi Dan - 

Thanks for your response.  I closed Alteryx after posting this.  I then re-opened the small workflow with only 3 records, ran the Workflow and got results in the Results window.  I then re-opened my larger workflow, ran it and again was able to see results in the Results window.  I am not sure what happened or what was different.  It looks like my issue is resolved for now.  If I continue to see the issue, I will post again.

Maciej
5 - Atom

I just had the same issue this morning (the Results window is not showing up despite the "Results" toggle being checked - unchecking and rechecking doesn't help, nor does restarting Alteryx). 

Any update? 🙂

m.

PurpleKoolAid
7 - Meteor

I am having the same issue in 2019.3 when running analytic apps.  I have tried increasing memory and restoring default settings and neither has worked.  Normal workflows will display the data preview without issue, but any analytic app I have fails to data preview when clicking the out anchor.  These analytic apps never had an issue until today.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

Did you open a case with Alteryx Support today (case 00309920) ? 

PurpleKoolAid
7 - Meteor

Yes indeed I did.

Madhuprana
7 - Meteor

I faces the same issue. Changing settings to "Restore to default" helped.

jforster19
5 - Atom

Not sure if you were experiencing the same problem as me, but it turns out my input yxdb file was causing the issue so I updated to a new file and the results window worked again.

srishaa07
5 - Atom

Is there a concrete resolution for this issue? I tried increasing memory limit as well and restoring the user setting and neither of them seem to work.

Edit: I'm not sure what made this work, but after restoring to default user settings - Within the Runtime tab of Workflow Config -  Unchecking "Disable all Browse Tools" and "Use AMP engine" helped displaying the results

Labels