Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

No Data Available in results window after running workflow

angelarovetto
7 - Meteor

I saw a previous question where other users had the same issue. I attempted the suggested actions (updating user settings as mentioned in this question) and it still isn't working. I am on Alteryx 2018.2 and it seems like this only happens on workflows where my data is incoming from a yxdb file or SQL. It doesn't appear to occur when I am bringing in data from another source such as an Excel file. I can't get any data off of the anchors on any tools and the only way I can see data is to add browse tools.

Any explanation for why this is happening? 

7 REPLIES 7
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Can I ask how far you bumped up the memory for the anchor results?
ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hello @angelarovetto - You can try the following as posted by one of the users facing the same problem.

"I closed Alteryx after posting this.  I then re-opened the small workflow with only 3 records, ran the Workflow and got results in the Results window.  I then re-opened my larger workflow, ran it and again was able to see results in the Results window.  I am not sure what happened or what was different.  It looks like my issue is resolved for now."

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/No-Data-in-Results-Window/m-p/177511

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
angelarovetto
7 - Meteor

I went into the User Settings, checked the box on the Advanced tab for Override System Settings and that deselected the Memory Limit per Anchor box (which defaulted the limit to 0 kb). That didn't result in any changes. I then went back in and checked the box for memory limit per anchor and bumped it up to 10000 kb. No change. 

I also tried limiting the number of input records (from the initial yxdb) to 5 records, just to see what would happen. No change.

angelarovetto
7 - Meteor

I finally went into user settings and chose to reset to default. That seems to have resolved the issue. 

newsomesm
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for sharing!! I had the same issue and this resolved it!

newsomesm
6 - Meteoroid

For me the data was available in the results window after running a workflow as you would expect until my computer ran the Windows 10 update. 

After rebooting my computer, re-opening Alteryx, and re-running my workflow in Designer, instead of having results in the window, it would look like the workflow hadn't run and would say "No data available. (Use Ctrl+R to run the workflow.)"  My output files would be updated, but I needed to see the data moving through each tool on the canvas like I normally would.

I tried rebooting my computer, upgrading from the 2020.1 to 2020.4 version of Designer, and it still wouldn't work.  Curiously enough, it would work for a small workflow.  I found this thread with the "restore default user settings" and tried it.  I had previously allocated more memory to Alteryx for processing so my user settings were not default.

Thankfully restoring default settings worked and this community board post saved my day.

cripo7
5 - Atom

You can try placing a select tool after your input data and selecting only a few required columns. It worked for me!

cripo7_1-1673476682385.png

Labels