Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

No Data Available in results window after running workflow

angelarovetto
7 - Meteor

I saw a previous question where other users had the same issue. I attempted the suggested actions (updating user settings as mentioned in this question) and it still isn't working. I am on Alteryx 2018.2 and it seems like this only happens on workflows where my data is incoming from a yxdb file or SQL. It doesn't appear to occur when I am bringing in data from another source such as an Excel file. I can't get any data off of the anchors on any tools and the only way I can see data is to add browse tools.

Any explanation for why this is happening? 

7 REPLIES 7
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Can I ask how far you bumped up the memory for the anchor results?
ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hello @angelarovetto - You can try the following as posted by one of the users facing the same problem.

"I closed Alteryx after posting this.  I then re-opened the small workflow with only 3 records, ran the Workflow and got results in the Results window.  I then re-opened my larger workflow, ran it and again was able to see results in the Results window.  I am not sure what happened or what was different.  It looks like my issue is resolved for now."

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/No-Data-in-Results-Window/m-p/177511

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
angelarovetto
7 - Meteor

I went into the User Settings, checked the box on the Advanced tab for Override System Settings and that deselected the Memory Limit per Anchor box (which defaulted the limit to 0 kb). That didn't result in any changes. I then went back in and checked the box for memory limit per anchor and bumped it up to 10000 kb. No change. 

I also tried limiting the number of input records (from the initial yxdb) to 5 records, just to see what would happen. No change.

angelarovetto
7 - Meteor

I finally went into user settings and chose to reset to default. That seems to have resolved the issue. 

newsomesm
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for sharing!! I had the same issue and this resolved it!

newsomesm
6 - Meteoroid

For me the data was available in the results window after running a workflow as you would expect until my computer ran the Windows 10 update. 

After rebooting my computer, re-opening Alteryx, and re-running my workflow in Designer, instead of having results in the window, it would look like the workflow hadn't run and would say "No data available. (Use Ctrl+R to run the workflow.)"  My output files would be updated, but I needed to see the data moving through each tool on the canvas like I normally would.

I tried rebooting my computer, upgrading from the 2020.1 to 2020.4 version of Designer, and it still wouldn't work.  Curiously enough, it would work for a small workflow.  I found this thread with the "restore default user settings" and tried it.  I had previously allocated more memory to Alteryx for processing so my user settings were not default.

Thankfully restoring default settings worked and this community board post saved my day.

cripo7
5 - Atom

You can try placing a select tool after your input data and selecting only a few required columns. It worked for me!

cripo7_1-1673476682385.png

Labels