Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Next occurring date for ID and find the days difference

monish_chandra
8 - Asteroid

I have a table like shown below 

IDAdmit DateDischarge DateEncounter Days
102/01/201802/06/2018 
103/13/201804/05/201835

How to find the number of days between the last discharge date and next admit date - I'm trying to do a LOOKUP of the next admit date for a patient .  So the 'New Admit Date' column = Last discharge Date - Next Admit Date (highlighted in orange). It should not consider another patient's admit date. eg; Patient ID 1 has 35 encounter days. Should I be using Multi Row formula to do this task? 

3 REPLIES 3
LukeM

Yes @monish_chandra the multi-row formula is what you need.

You can use Sort to sort by ID and then dates. And then use the multi-row formula and the Group By function (on ID) in the configuration to ensure you don't reference other patients' dates.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Luke

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @monish_chandra 

Would this work?

solmonday.PNG

Cheers,

LukeM

Thanks @Thableaus - that's exactly as I was intimating.

@monish_chandra I suggest doing what @Thableaus has shown but make sure you format the dates first. Make use of the DateTime tool in the Parse category to create proper date fields so Alteryx can read the Dates properly as dates. This will simplify your workflow in the long run.

As you can see from the screenshot above, the dates haven't been sorted properly - hence the values for Patient_ID = 7 aren't calculating properly.

Hope this helps.

Luke

Labels