Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Newbie question about the Tile Tool and the Smart Tile Feature

gumbatman
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am a new user to Alteryx and really amazed with all that it can do.

I was looking at the Tile tool and its Smart Tile functionality. It does what I want... almost perfectly. Sometimes it splits it at places that my users would think is strange.  They would rather see "1-3 (Low)" instead of "1.2 - 3.7 (Low)". I understand the tool is doing what it is supposed to, but is there anyway (doesn't need to be within the Tile Tool itself) that I can round out the numbers?

Also, is there a way to reduce the number of groups that it produces? I read that it is using the Standard Deviation, so I get why it is doing what it is. I was looking for an automated way of grouping data that is more palatable to my users.

Thank you for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
RogerS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Summarize tool can perform similar calculations (Standard deviation, max, min etc.) and t hen use the append tool to add the values back to you data set to classify.  You can then rounding in a formal to make number even.  Depending on the data and how you want to classify you might want to try the equal records and equal sum functionality within the tile tool.  You can see examples in the one tool example for the tile tool.

gumbatman
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. I will look into trying that.

Labels