Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

New to alteryx, stuck with data exported to a row

mshyamalakke
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have recently started using alteryx and am trying to automate an export to be in desired format. Currently I have to do a lot of formatting changes to get the desired format. Problem is that all the data for a record comes in a single row. I have attached the input and desired output.

Can you please provide some guidance as to how I can proceed to get the desired solution.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide

Hi @mshyamalakke 

If you have a unique way to identify if the string is a vendor or supplier or warehouse, then please try the below workflow. Please change the formula for Data in formula tool.

vensupware.png

mshyamalakke
5 - Atom

Thanks so much for solution. I tried to use the formula tool to update values. Values are constant

Could you help with the formula step (the values are constant always).

I have attached an updated sheet.

Thanks you so much for guidance.

mshyamalakke
5 - Atom

Sorry for confusion, in the fixed values, If I have to rely on the entire string rather than only the beginning letter, could you let me know how to use the formula method.

Thanks

deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide

Please use the updated formula:

if [Data] = 'Walmart' or Data = 'Target' or [Data] = 'Ikea' or [Data] = 'Costco' or [Data] = 'Aldi' then [Data]+':Supplier' else (if [Data] = 'Abc' or [Data]='Def' or [Data] = 'Ghi' or [Data] = 'Mno' then [Data]+':Vendor' else [Data]+':Warehouse' endif) endif

If the data is large try using 3 text input and join them instead of using the formula.

Please mark this as solution if you are happy with this approach.

mshyamalakke
5 - Atom

Thanks so much!!!

Labels