Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

New to Regex, looking for help!

rhyatt
8 - Asteroid

I've done some basic regex in Alteryx in the past, but I'm struggling with getting this to work.  Below is an example string.  What I want to do is extract the four 7 digit numbers in red.  

The structure of the strings will always be the same, only the 7 digit numbers will change.

I appreciate any help I can get! Thanks!!

;2945129;;;;evar23=pdp|evar30=0|evar44=product,;3673902;;;;evar23=recommendations:pdp,;3879392;;;;evar23=recommendations:pdp,;2573384;;;;evar23=recommendations:pdp

4 REPLIES 4
Claje
14 - Magnetar

This is a pretty brittle RegEx but I think it does what you need :)

;(\d\d\d\d\d\d\d);.*,;(\d\d\d\d\d\d\d);.*,;(\d\d\d\d\d\d\d);.*,;(\d\d\d\d\d\d\d);.*

If you use the Parse method in the RegEx tool it will split into four columns.

This specifically only works for 7 digit numbers.  You could replace the \d\d\d\d\d\d\d with \d+ if you can have different length values, as long as the semicolon and comma values always exist in the correct places.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @rhyatt!

I was able to extract the four sets of numbers with one Formula tool. I created 4 new fields, one for each of the sequences:

1st set:

REGEX_Replace([Field1], ".(\d{7}).*", "$1")

2nd set:

REGEX_Replace([Field1], ".(\d{7}).*?(\d{7}).*", "$2")

3rd set:

REGEX_Replace([Field1], ".(\d{7}).*(\d{7}).*(\d{7}).*", "$2")

4th set:

REGEX_Replace([Field1], ".(\d{7}).*(\d{7}).*", "$2")

rhyatt.PNG

Hope this helps!

danrh
13 - Pulsar

This will grab the first four 7-digit numbers in your string and put them in their own columns:

image.png

rhyatt
8 - Asteroid

Perfect!  Way more simple than I thought!!

Labels