Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

New field not showing up in Join

Bnstates
7 - Meteor

I'm working with an already constructed series of workflows, and had to add a field to one of them. After running that workflow and proceeding to the next one in the series, I've run into an issue. The export from the updated workflow reflects the addition of the new field, but this new field isn't showing up in any of the Joins in the next workflow. I even tried making a new Join and Select, but it isn't showing up in either of those either. Any ideas as to why the new field isn't showing up?

5 REPLIES 5
sashalarsen
6 - Meteoroid

Did you select the "*Unknown" field in the join configuration?

Bnstates
7 - Meteor

Yes, the Unknown field is selected. How would that affect it? (I'm new to Alteryx, so I don't really know how the unknown field works)

mmacrander
6 - Meteoroid

Unknown/Dynamic fields in a select will automatically select or deselect fields coming into the tool if new fields are added, depending on if they are checked or unchecked.

Weird question, but have you tried running the flow or doing a refresh (F5)?

Bnstates
7 - Meteor

Funny enough, the refresh did it. I didn't want to run the flow because it takes quite awhile, and refreshed the source data, but didn't know how to refresh the whole workflow (kind of assumed closing and re-opening would do it). Thanks for the help!

sashalarsen
6 - Meteoroid

Can you share your workflow so I can help debug?

Labels