Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

New data points not flowing through workflow

Number4
8 - Asteroid

I have *Unknown enabled, and when I add a new data point, or rename something, it's not showing up down stream unless I run the workflow.

I've made no changes to my settings, and I'm not aware of this being an option outside of checking/unchecking the '*Unknown' box.

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is dependant on your workflow some tools such as the Transfrom Category will not pass the metadata downstream until you hit run. 

Number4
8 - Asteroid

It didn't behave this way before.  Also, I noticed that where it does appear down stream, it's not checked.  Again, with the Select Tool "*Unknown" enabled.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Number4 

If it's not the result of a Crosstab or other Transform tool, as @JosephSerpis suggested, the only other thing that could affect this is the Disable Auto Configure in user settings.

danilang_1-1645370382666.png

It might be worth checking, even you say your settings haven't changed.

If this doesn't solve the issue, try reproducing in a new workflow.  Either start from scratch with a new workflow, or copy your existing one and remove tools until the issue goes away.   If you do find a specific tool that's causing this behaviour, please post it here so we can all learn from your detective work 

Dan

Labels