community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

New Record Check

Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx Community,

I'm trying to figure out what workflow to create for a "New Record Check". Currently my workflow produces two outlooks. 1/ shows the raw data buildings only 2/ shows the updated buildings using the list in Table 2. For example, first table shows how the raw data is coming through. I'm only interested in column 3 (Building). The buildings typically come through consistently each month. However, I added in the "Unknown" record. I would like to somehow flag this record and show this record in a output file.  The current way I'm checking this is copying the raw data and dumping in excel then copying the clean data and dumping in excel and comparing buildings. When there is a new record found, I manually add it to the list in Table 2. Every month there might be new data to flag. It would be nice to append the "Unknown" record above to the list (Table 2).  Sorry if I sound confusing. I greatly appreciate your help. Attached is the workflow that I started and the data. 

TABLE1

DateTimeBuilding
8/1/20187 AMUS-CHIH-CONTROLLER
8/2/20188 AM

US-NYOI-CONTROLLER

8/3/20189 AMUS-BOSG-CONTROLLER
8/4/201810 AMUNKNOWN

TABLE2

OriginalUpdate
OKCAUS-OKLB
BOSEUS-BOSG
FTWAUS-FWTA
CLUCUS-CLUC
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hello,

To accomplish this you have many options.

You could join all the old data with the new data stream i the same workflow and simply see what comes out of the outer join.

A better solution would be to create a dynamic filter that changes depending on the date and pull all records after said date. 

Meteoroid

Thanks for your reply. The join worked. 

Labels