Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

New Macro

kapingar
6 - Meteoroid

Hi i have a spreadsheet with more than 12 tabs and i need to create a workflow but i dont know where to start. I am new and need help, what is the best approach you can advise me? please find attached.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @kapingar ,

You will need to let us know what are trying to achieve.

I don't know what you want as your results. Do you simply want to load all tabs in? What is the expected result?

M.

Bulien

kapingar
6 - Meteoroid

Oh yes for now.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@kapingar ,

To begin with, simply drag and drop the spreadsheet into Alteryx and select the sheet you want:

mceleavey_0-1623856371973.png

You can repeat this for every tab.

If your tabs contain the same data then I can build you something to show you how to loads them all simultaneously.

M.

Bulien

kapingar
6 - Meteoroid

That's the problem, it doesn't contain the same data. each tab has different information. I tried dragging some of them but not sure if that looks correct. see screenshot below. The main important tabs are those in green.

kapingar_0-1623856735049.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@kapingar ,

The screenshot doesn't help.

Can you list the tabs you're trying to load in. It looks like you're trying to union them together, to that they need to be the same format.

I still have no idea what you're trying to do.

Can you mock it up in Excel and show us the required output?

M.

Bulien

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Are you saying you want these tabs loaded in together:

mceleavey_0-1623856975599.png

Bulien

kapingar
6 - Meteoroid

I need to prepare the Alteryx workflow with this spreadsheet. According to my manager, we need to create a workflow that would help us update the information every month.

Each tab below on the screenshot below should fit in and I was watched previous videos to see if there is any similar scenario but couldn't find it. All the information on these tabs is very important and should be used. I have no experience with Alteryx but it is now a platform the company uses and your help is greatly appreciated.

What's your best approach? 

kapingar_0-1623857629709.png

thank you

Labels