Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

New Email Tool Error: bad allocation

JBraithwaite
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have built a workflow that builds a PDF report and sends this as an attachment to a pre-determined list of recipients. When running this workflow on my desktop installation of Alteryx it runs successfully and an email is sent.

However, when I attempt to schedule this workflow (using Desktop Scheduler) it does not work successfully. I get the following error message:  New Email Tool Error: bad allocation

Has anyone else come across this issue, how can this be resolved.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

16 REPLIES 16
JohnMaty
9 - Comet

Here is what I found.  The New Email tool does not like the email body if there is any type of formatting.  When I took the boilerplate email text body and made it into a field, and then pointed the tool to the field rather than the body, it worked.  It even worked with multiple emails and multiple attachments.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@JohnMaty  Awesome news! Thanks for the update. Please mark your post as Solution

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

Does not look like I can do that to my own post!

JBraithwaite
8 - Asteroid

My answers are:

1. Alteryx Admin Designer Version 2019.3.2.15763

2. Doesn't work when re-saving

3. It works without the attachment

Appears the attachment is the issue

FrootLoops
5 - Atom

Thanks! It works for me as well when making the text body into a field.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

Did try the workaround (for the body of the email use a field instead of typing the text body)?

JBraithwaite
8 - Asteroid

The workaround works. Thanks for your help

Labels