Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

New Email Tool Error: bad allocation

JBraithwaite
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have built a workflow that builds a PDF report and sends this as an attachment to a pre-determined list of recipients. When running this workflow on my desktop installation of Alteryx it runs successfully and an email is sent.

However, when I attempt to schedule this workflow (using Desktop Scheduler) it does not work successfully. I get the following error message:  New Email Tool Error: bad allocation

Has anyone else come across this issue, how can this be resolved.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

16 REPLIES 16
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @JBraithwaite,

Usually the bad allocation errors are more windows related than alteryx related ones. I think on this maybe @TrevorS may be able to assist here.

Regards

FrootLoops
5 - Atom

I have the same problem. I'll wait for the answers. Thank you!

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @JBraithwaite 

Can you share a copy of your workflow? 

Also can you send a screenshot of the configuration of your email tool?

Community Moderator
JBraithwaite
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TrevorS 

Below is a screenshot of the email configuration tool.

JBraithwaite_0-1582103592504.png

I've also taken a screenshot of the main body of the workflow rather than sent due to some data privacy concerns, hope this helps

JBraithwaite_1-1582103907996.png

Thanks,

Jordan

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

I am getting the same error.  It is vague 

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

Actually I can't get the tool to work either directly run or through scheduler.  I always get the Bad Allocation error.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

1. What Alteryx version do you have?
2. Can you try re-saving the workflow and re-initiate a schedule? let me know if rescheduling it fixes it.
3. Does it work without sending an attachment?

FrootLoops
5 - Atom

Here are the answers for myself.

1. Alteryx Designer x64. Version 2019.3.5.17947

2. It doesn't work.

3. Yes, it does.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

Email tool Configuration: For the body of the email can you try using a field instead of typing the text body? 

Labels