Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

New Chart Tool Not Recognizing Layers (v2018.3)

Highlighted
10 - Fireball

A few days ago I updated my alteryx from 11.7 to 2018.3. I'm trying to make a chart and it has the new tool configuration. I made a layer, but now when I go to set the legend and other details it tells me that no layers are present?

Did I miss something? I have another chart tool set up the exact same way and it worked fine?

layers.PNGerror.PNG

Highlighted
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @StephenMack,

Thank you for posting.

Could you please confirm that you have data for fields rssi_chan_5 and rssi_chan_4 ?

Thanks,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

Highlighted
10 - Fireball

The data is all there (and I picked them from the dropdown box). After running it a couple times now it's letting me add the legends.

Now I'm noticing that when I label the X axis and switch over to label the Y axis the text transfers as well. So if I enter "X-Axis" in the x axis section, then hit the y axis section, that will also be labeled "X-Axis".

Strange bugs with this new chart tool.

I guess I don't really have a problem anymore, just have to realize it's hit or miss and try running it a few times.

Highlighted
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@StephenMack,

Thanks for posting -  I concur with this - have observed the same.

- John

Highlighted
Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same problem, there is data coming into Interactive chart, however, the tool doesn't recognize the layers:

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Could someone please help me with this? Thanks!

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I still experience this.  Is there no fix?  

Running the workflow doesn't work to refresh the tool so I continue to configure the layers.

Labels