Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

New Alteryx user here---Reorganize my rows and columns? Then calculate percent

irmb
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone , I am completely new to Alteryx and need help. I one record with three columns that is  the result of a summarize. The 3 columns are these:

Sum_total number of people 2010Sum_total number of people 2011Sum_total number of people 2012

then I appended to another table that also has 1 record with three columns. These are the 3 columns that were appended to the previous ones:

Sum_total people with pets 2010Sum_total people with pets 2011Sum_total people with pets 2012

I need to figure out the percent of people with pets for each year. In order to do that, I would think I need to reorganize my table into several rows and columns, then perform the percent calculation. Is that so?  Also, how do I do the percent calculation in Alteryx? Any idea of how I do that?

3 REPLIES 3
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Hi @irmb,

Is this solution suitable for you?

- Transpose the columns to rows

- Determine the year

- Join on year

- Calculate the percentage

Please find the solution attached.

Best,
Yalmar

irmb
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Yalmar

Yes, this is the logic and I was thinking about. I tried to upload the workflow to my version of Alteryx designer and it says that I don't have the latest version and I don't have access through the new version through my company. Can you share a file that I can upload?

irmb
7 - Meteor

Thanks, I was able to open it. It works now.

Labels