Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Network Graph - How to Colour Nodes based on a Nodes' Status

anujc30
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

I am new to alteryx and have been playing around with the network analysis tool to render a network graph. Now it renders the graph perfectly but for it to be insightful i would like to do 2 more things that i need some help with:

1. Colour each node based on its status (RAG)

2. Add metadata info to each of the nodes.

Context: Each node represents a data science model/feature and the edges represents how they are related to each other. Now, a model/feature might fail due to upstream data issues or some error in code. If it fails the nodes' colour should be red else green. 

Additionally, for showing the error log on each of the node I want to add that metadata info in the network graph.

Can someone please help me out with this ? I can do the data wrangling but I am not sure where does the network analysis tool options are hidden that would let me visualise those 2 additional things.

Regards,

Anuj 

5 REPLIES 5
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can you use Group Nodes option at Nodes tab?

AkimasaKajitani_0-1606105601633.png

Please refer [Help]-[Sample Workflows]-[Predictive tool samples]-[Predictive Analytics]-[24 Network Analysis tool].

The workflow use the option.

anujc30
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much ! That works to colour the nodes. 

How can i show some metadata as tooltips/labels on these nodes ? Is there an option for that too or a workaround ?

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @anujc30 

As far as I know, there doesn't seem to be any such option.

It is automatically labeled by the "name" Field at the N anchor.
When you change the data, the "From" and "To" at E anchor must also be matched.

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Welcome to the Alteryx Community, @anujc30!

For more visibility and a quicker support, I am moving your post to our Designer Discussions board. 

Stay in touch! 

Flávia Brancato
Agarwal_Yash91
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AkimasaKajitani  @anujc30 

i am also trying to color nodes based on a variable but keep getting below mentioned error:

Error: Network Analysis (13): Tool #4: Error in graph.data.frame(d = x, directed = directed, vertices = vertices) :

Workflow works fine when i disable group and remove variable we are trying to use for grouping/coloring nodes.

Could you please help me with possible solution?

Labels